Thursday, June 21, 2007

the lawyers are circling.

Talk about having a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day at the amusement park.

"Anybody lose anything on the ride? Wallet, keys, body parts, that sort of thing?"

While I usually frown upon personal injury lawsuits, I have to concede that there's little in the way of monetary settlement that can fix things for a teenager who loses both feet at the ankle due to faulty park equipment. I mean, prosthetics are pretty advanced these days, but we humans tend to be attached to our various body parts in both the physical and psychological sense. While I do love currency, there's not a check in the world big enough to entice me to trade my feet for some titanium replacements. I have a lot of miles on those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment