Saturday, August 25, 2007

'nother question for the reloaders.

So I spent a few hours setting up the Square Deal B today. Some assembly was required, but I followed the instructions, and it looks like I got it together the way it's supposed to go. Test cases ran through fine, and it took me about thirty minutes of fine-adjusting and measuring charges with a digital scale until I got it to dispense my desired 3.6 grains of Bullseye. I checked the charge a half dozen times before starting on seating bullets, and it's consistent.

One problem: I've cranked out a dozen or so test rounds, and they're all slightly sticky in the chambers. Visual inspection shows that the case is still very slightly belled out below the crimp.
Not enough crimp, or too much bell? The manual says to back out the powder die to adjust the bell, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to back it out.

Everything else seems to work peachy, though. I clamped the whole mount to the desk, and it's easy enough to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment