Sunday, August 26, 2007

i have made fire.


Here's the take of the day: two hundred and fifty rounds of roll-your-own .38 Special, 158-grain Rainier flatpoints lightly taper-crimped over 3.6 grains of Bullseye. I have enough bullets and sorted brass for at least another 250, but that'll have to wait until next weekend.

I probably set a new negative record for speed on a Dillon SDB, because I compulsively pulled every tenth round or so off the shell plate prior to bullet seating to check the powder charge on a digital scale. I also hand-inspected every empty piece of brass for defects, and then again every finished round for primer seating depth and OAL.

Now I need to go and shoot 'em all up, so I can get more brass....uh, check how the load performs. Yeah, that's the ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment